Thank you for visiting the home blog of Caliso Learning, a natural science-based business celebrating the beauty and ecology of our natural environments. Our goal is to connect you and your family with nature--actually, we want you to fall in LOVE with nature!
Here you will find nature-inspired articles and posts, family activities, personal stories, resources, and more--all with the goal to connect you with the benefits of nature for family fun and inspiration! Please enjoy and let us know what you like :) Follow us on Facebook for even more resources, more frequently!
Monday, June 7, 2010
Lavender Festivals: Family Fun!
Lavender farms can be found throughout the region, check your local area for any local harvests, find out what's available in your area. Don't worry if lavender is not a likely harvest--now's a great time to learn about the organic goodies in your region to discover a local farm that celebrates their harvest publicly for natural family fun!
Fun on a lavender farm (or any herb or veggie farm or fruit orchard you can visit):
• Take a family photo sitting in the middle of a blossoming lavender field
• Collect fresh lavender for drying
• Paint as a family, a minimalist scene of lavender rows…
• Identify as many different pollinators as you can find in the fields
• Eat a yumm-a-licious dish prepared with with lavender!
• Bring lavender home with you, purchase a lavender plant to add to your patio garden or yard!
• Have a picnic in the fields
• Participate in the u-pick lavender, workshops, demonstrations, craft artists, music, food and other activities you can find at various lavender festivals!
Share your ideas and experiences with us!
About the 123 Farm: http://www.localharvest.org/farms/M14941
Photo by derekwt http://www.flickr.com/photos/derekt1/3392168766/in/set-72157616023029554/