Do you recognize any of
the objects we used?
- Dark colored construction paper
- Natural objects (leaves, twigs, pine cones, and so on) or household objects (scissors, keys, combs, and so on)
- Place paper outside in direct sunlight
- Arrange objects on paper in random order, patterns, a mandala-inspired design, etc.
- Leave objects in place for a couple of hours (make sure paper remains in sun during that time!)
- Remove objects and admire your sun painting creation!
- The flatter the object lays, the crisper the image it will leave behind.
- Use small rocks or other weighted items to hold objects flat or in place, but watch for any shadow they might create in your design.
For a "how-to" sun painting with colorful sun-sensitive paints, please see this link.